Did you know… 50 to 60 percent of Americans are affected by winter blues?
This loss of happiness is known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). There is a broad spectrum of symptoms that can be attributes to the shift in attitude that may include restlessness, insomnia, weight gain, and sadness.
Here are a few things you can do to help overcome winter blues:
- Stick to a daily routine/ Go to bed on time
- Save challenging projects for when you are feeling the most
energized and happy
- Eat healthier foods
- Go for a walk or enjoy some light exercise
- Relax with meditation, massage, light music
- Drink plenty of water
- Use light therapy to extend the hours of daylight in your day
- Call, visit, video-chat with loved ones
- Laugh with friends and family often